Saturday, October 30, 2010

31 Movies of Halloween: Day 30

Day 30 - Jurassic Park


This isn't ominous or anything...

Jurassic Park is probably my favorite movie. Well, Jurassic Park and Ghostbusters. Well, Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters, and Serenity. I remember seeing this as a young boy in theaters, or, rather, I remember seeing up until right after the Dilophosaurus scene before leaving the theater in utter terror.
It wasn't until years later that I found out this scary bastard is a bucket of lies!

You know the story: Billionaire with nothing better to do has his scientists clone dinosaurs so that he can open up a theme park. Shit hits the fan, to nobody's surprise. It ends horribly for a good number of the characters. Here's a hint: if you hatch velociraptors, kill them before it's too late. They're inherently evil.
Also a bucket of lies. You really should look like a turkey.

The movie is awesome, and even though everything that can, does happen, it isn't all bad. Jeff Goldblum makes hilarious one-liners, Sam Neil frightens children for no reason, and they have sweet vehicles at the park.
If anybody can get their hands on a Jeep like this, I will gladly accept it as a gift.

It's pretty much the perfect amalgamation of Spielberg, Michael Chrichton, Dinosaurs, Goldblum, and Science.
Science!

Best Part:
The T-Rex. He/She/It is a beast. Literally and figuratively.
Rawr!

I mean, look at it. It. is. Glorious. There is only one way it could have been better.
This could make anything better. Anything.

Oh, silly me. I guess there is one other way that the T-Rex could be better...
It could have been T.Rex.

That would have been so ace.
Girl, I guess Malcolm's just a jeepster for your love...

1 comment:

  1. First of all, id like to thank you for including this movie. This and ghostbusters are my 2 favorite movies of all time as well! Annnnd I left the theatre not too far after the dilopasaurus part...(the past that got me was the t-rex crushing the jeeps..oh man..so scary.) But anyway..love it! Own it on dvd and vhs!

    ReplyDelete