Friday, October 15, 2010

31 Movies of Halloween: Day 15

Day 15 - House


Yup, that's right, I watched House.
Drug addiction is terrifying...

I'm just kidding. Clearly, I didn't watch the wonderful Fox primetime drama that can be seen on Mondays at 8pm...Damn good show, though. I'm talking about the horror/comedy House, from 1986. 
Sweet tagline.

It reminds me of Evil Dead II: Dead Before Dawn (didn't know the full title, did you?) in many aspects, including the monster puppetry.
You so sexay...

It's about a man who lost his son because of a haunted house and the search to get him back...years later (what?). I'm still moderately confused about it, so that's all I'm going to say about the plot. Also, George Wendt was there.
Norm!

What seems like a psychological thrill ride full of "what the hay?"s and the possibility of a study into one man's descent into madness (which I originally thought it was, until a point) turns into absolutely craziness and strange alternate dimensions. Plus there are a bunch of flashbacks that come out of nowhere, which reminded me a bit of Slaughterhouse Five.
It was most definitely weird, but it's also a pretty solid movie. I'd recommend it.

Best Part:
This big bastard.
I am all that is...er...was man!

That's right peeps: The main antagonist of the film is a zombie skeleton ghost zombie that controls an otherworldly dimension. And he hates children.



I want to thank a certain somebody for the recommendation to watch both House and Monkey Shines. I am certain that without her enthusiastic reports about them that I would not have watched either of them. She knows who she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment