Friday, September 30, 2011

Music You Should Be Listening To - Week of 9/25-10/1

This is a new segment here at the Awesome Blog. Every week (well...we shall see about that), I will be bringing you at least two songs that you should check out. One will be a recent (recent-ish) release, whilst the other will be a throwback classic (sometimes "classic" may be a bit strong). So, without further ado, let's check out some music...


Artist: Matt & Kim
Song: Daylight





This was the first song by Matt & Kim that I'd heard, and I'm guessing there's a good chance you've heard it. There's also a good chance that you'll see a lot of Matt & Kim in this feature, as all of their songs are worth checking out. "Daylight" is just a really fun, cool song, with the video to match it.




Artist: Primitive Radio Gods
Song: Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand





Now this one is definitely a change of pace from "Daylight," but I'm a product of a '90's childhood, so this song reflects that. I think it's absolutely beautiful, if not a bit sad. It makes me contemplative...


What do you guys think? Like them? Loathe them? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment