Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark: The Pre-Review



Supah-Creepay

It’s close enough to October, so it’s time for scary movies! While I did see Contagion a couple of weeks ago, I’m not counting it towards horror season. In fact, I don’t consider it a “scary” movie, so much as a terrifying glimpse into a possible future where we’re all screwed due to the piss poor conditions that livestock are raised in.
I want so much fried chicken now...

Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, besides getting me really excited about it at first because I thought they were making a celluloid version of “Are You Afraid of the Dark?”, is much more of a straight-up horror movie.
This episode gave me recurring nightmares. For years.

This has been on my radar for a while, and I’m really glad that it’s still in theaters, as I got a really great recommendation for it by a really great person (you know who you are). As I try to do when it comes to the horror genre, I kept my knowledge of it limited, because the media loves to let out spoilers without warning (which I also like to do sometimes. Shut up.) & I like to, you know, be scared & surprised by movies that are supposed to scare & surprise the viewer.
Katie Holmes is in it!? GASP!

I’ll go in depth later, but now here’s the pre-review:

Movie – 4 out of 5 ghouls
Scares – 5 out of 5 unfortunately lady-like shrieks
Creepiness – Supah-Creepay

Every time I see him, I think of L.A. Confidential.

No comments:

Post a Comment