Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gazing to the Future: NYCC 2011

With more-or-less one month to go until this year’s New York Comic Con, anticipation is building. Tickets are bought. Panels are being investigated. Apps have been downloaded. As fun as last year was, I felt that it wasn’t nearly as productive as my first time. Granted, I did get to meet Bruce “Don’t call me Ash” Campbell, as well as have a chance encounter with the lovely Nicki Clyne, but I didn’t go into one panel.
Suck. It. Nerds.

I was able to get into a couple my first year, including one with a Q&A with the director of Wanted (along with an extended preview of the awesome supermarket shootout/car chase). More importantly, I was mere yards away from Guilermo del Toro, Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones, and a whole ton of monsters promoting Hellboy 2.
I'm not sure who's creepier.

This year, I’m making a concerted effort to make it into more panels, enjoy more previews of upcoming games/movies/shows, and just generally do more than walk around & peruse the many talented artists & writers they have in the alleys. Also: meet Felicia Day.
And soon, there shall be a new "Suck it nerds" picture.

This will be covered again in a post-show report in a month. It’s very exciting.
Also, hey nerds, suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment