Monday, November 1, 2010

31 Movies of Halloween: The Recap

The following is the list of my first attempt at a documented 31 Movies of Halloween* :

1. Piranha :(
2. Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever :(
3. REC :)
4. 2000 Maniacs :(
5. Dead Snow :)
6. Them! :)
7. Smash Cut :(
8. Zombie (Zombi 2) :D
9. Survival of the Dead :)
10. The Blob (1958) :)
11. Little Shop of Horrors (Corman version) :)
12. The Crazies (1973) :)
13. Zombieland :D
14. Monkey Shines :)
15. House :)
16. Fido :)
17. The Host :)
18. Suspiria :)
19. Cemetery Man :)
20. Zombies of Mass Destruction :(
21. The Dead Next Door :(
22. The Devil's Backbone :D
13. The Return of the Living Dead :)
24. Bubba Ho-Tep :D
25. The Beast with a Million Eyes :(
26. Saw VI :(
27. I Drink Your Blood :)
28. Troll 2 :)
29. Seventh Seal :)
30. Jurassic Park :D
31. Alien :D


KEY:
:D - Loved it
:) - Liked it
:( - Hated it


Not gonna lie, it was a lot tougher than it seems. As somebody who works seven days a week, and tries to have something that resembles a social life, this was no easy task. I can't be sure if I will be doing this again next year, but I know one thing if I do: no zombies. This year was far too zombie heavy.


Final Thoughts:
Besides the gruelingness of the concept, this was a blast. I got to see some really great movies that I doubt I would have seen otherwise. I also was able to rewatch a few of my favorites, but in a different way than I normally do. Unfortunately, as there is always a negative to every positive, I saw far to many movies that were complete, unadulterated crap. But what are you going to do? Maybe next year I'll do more mainstream, obvious movies. Who knows? But, seriously, I watched too many zombie/zombie-like movies then I've ever wanted to. That'll have to change.


* - I gave a test run of this concept last year. I failed. Well, kind of. Yes, during the month of October of '09, I did watch 31 horror/Halloween/creature movies. But I cheated and watched a bunch in mini-marathons. It felt like cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment