Saturday, August 18, 2012

Using That Degree of Mine = Zombies

I graduated from William Paterson University 4 years ago with a degree in Communications, Specialization in Film. In that time, I'd done nothing with it. And that's my fault. Granted, I did some writing on unfinished scripts and ideas, but nothing that came to fruition.

Fast-Forward to a few months ago. I stumbled upon a little gem of a grindhouse film called "Dead Hooker in a Trunk," written/directed/starring/more-or-less everythinged by Jen & Sylvia Soska, a set of hot Canadian twins. I've written about that film before, so let me just reiterate my feelings on it: it's rad. So rad. But getting back on track, the internet has let me become friends with the Twisted Twins, and I'm thankful for that.

It's because of them that I got interested in filmmaking again. So, I banged out a script, rounded up some friends, and filmed (what I think is) a pretty freaking rad little short zombie film. I entered it into a competition in Vancouver. Sadly, I didn't make the finals (not that I was expecting it), but I don't care. I'm so proud of what we accomplished, especially for what little we had.

It's called "Your Time is Up" and is inspired by Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery." I truly hope you enjoy it. The fact that anybody's seeing it blows my mind & makes me ecstatic all at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment