Monday, February 6, 2012

Music You Should Be Listening To: 2/6-2/12

Vampire Weekend:
I freaking love Vampire Weekend. Now, that's not something that I would ever have thought I'd say before I listened to them. Honestly, I thought they were going to be a lame pop band using Twilight-inspired verbage to cash in. I was wrong though...they're an awesome indie rock group of hipsters. "Hipsters!? How dare you?" you are probably not saying to yourself right now. But let me explain, regardless. They are indie rock with "Baroque pop" stylings. What the Hell does that even mean, other than "Hipster douche?" Except they aren't Hipster douches. They're awesome.

Cousins
I picked their song "Cousins" off of their second album, Contra, because of the pure manic energy of the song. The song is all over the place, but you can't help but get into it. Plus the video is wicked.

Bonus jam - Giving Up the Gun
It was too tough to choose just one, so you get this song, also. It's a fantastic tune, but the video itself is classic. Can you spot all of the cameos?


The Spitvalves:
If you like ska, you've probably heard of the Spitvalves. If you don't like ska, at least a little, you may be dead inside. Listening to their music brings me back to high school, when I didn't have a care in the world & Still's Disease wasn't even a thought in my head. I can vividly remember going to see them at Birch Hill. Hell, it was my first "show." Even though I've grown further away from the ska scene in my musical preferences, the Spitvalves will always hold a place in my heart.

Worn Out Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment