Thursday, December 8, 2011

Waiting, with Baited Breath

As the Christmas (or "Holiday," if you're a politically correct douche) season approaches, it can mean only one this: movie studios will be releasing their big budget and/or Oscar-hopeful films (that they didn't have faith enough to release during the summer). So, in this entry into the Awesome Blog, I will be taking a look at the films that will soon be coming out that I will actually pay money to go see. Probably.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
This is the picture internet nightmares are made of.
 I cannot wait for the new Sherlock Holmes. I love Downey. Love Jude Law. Love Guy Ritchie. Love the source material. And everything is Steampunk! Opens 12/16

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
She sure is an heir to the Giants & Steelers fortune.
 I've wanted to see this since I saw the first teaser for this featuring that badass cover of "The Immigrant Song." And Daniel Craig is in it. But, more importantly, awesome David Fincher directed the damn thing! Opens 12/21

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Looks like Hawkeye freaking hates Maverick.
If you know me, you know I don't like Tom Cruise. Except in Cocktail. But I do loves me some Renner. And that's enough for me. Opens 12/21 (12/16 - IMAX Only)

The Adventures of Tintin
It's like when I was little...in THREE DIMENSIONS!!!
I watched Tintin when I was a kid. It was great. I Spielberg, Edgar Wright, & Steven Moffat. There's very little that could go wrong here. Opens 12/21

Coriolanus
Not you ancestor's Shakespeare.
Coriolanus is a modern retelling of Shakespeare's tragedy, as well as being the directorial debut of Voldemort. Shit-kicker Gerard Butler co-stars, as does Brian Cox. Looks prittay good. Opens 1/20

No comments:

Post a Comment