Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Music You Should Be Listening To - Week of 12/4-12/10

Haven't done this in a while, but then again, I haven't been blogging too much lately, so without further ado...


Current: MoneyGrabber - Fitz & the Tantrums
They're everything you want, but never knew you wanted.


MoneyGrabber is the breakout single from Fitz & the Tantrums debut studio album "Picking Up the Pieces." And while it's over a year old, that doesn't matter, because 1) you probably haven't heard it & b) it is the jam. I mean come on: the guitar is eschewed as the lead instrument in favor of the saxophone. The sexy, sexy saxophone. These guys are the jam.









Throwback: Love is the Drug/Mother of Pearl - Roxy Music (Tie)
Yeah, they've probably done some drugs before.

Now, I feel as though this is a bit of a cop out, and that I could have just chosen one for this week & the other for the next installment, but I have just really been digging on both of these songs as of late. There is no bad in either of these tracks by the British glam/art rock band Roxy Music, lead by the ever charismatic Bryan Ferry. I don't have much else to say about either of these tracks, as I'm no music critic, I just know what sounds awesome. And these songs are awesome. What I can tell you is that Roxy Music should be given an award for having pretty much the sexiest album covers of all time. You should check it out.











Sadly, there was never an official video to Mother of Pearl, as it wasn't released as a single.

No comments:

Post a Comment