Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Time Fighters

Goggle Images has a picture for everything.


I've been toying around with the idea of an overarching pulp historical scifi mashup...thing for a while now. While I won't go into too much detail, because, for all I know, there are thieves aplenty out there (not that I'm saying anybody actually reads this, but you never know), I'll give some snippets.
Because when I think of the word snippet, I too think Willow Smith.

As this post's title may have spoiled, my idea is called Time Fighters. It is about a group of random historical figures who are plucked from imminent death by the greatest mind in history.
Hint.

They are brought by this genius into the distant future to fight one of the biggest criminals and villain in the history of humanity.
I searched "Thomas Edison douche." Thomas Edison is the bad guy. All three are douches.

Of course, the goldbricker steals and bastardizes Tesla's designs (art imitates life) and recruits his own team of historical villains.
Like this, kind of...but slightly less realistic...and more diverse.

Now, I'm still working on the deets (that would be the slang for details, for those of you who haven't been tainted by the stark laziness of internet writing...and teenage girl techno-speak), but I have a wide array of quality historical figures to choose from and some pretty wicked ideas.
Apparently a wicked idea. Seriously.

While I'm not yet ready to unveil my awesome tale of time clashes and historical comeuppance yet, I have thought of a way to merchandise it (and who says you can't learn anything from Spaceballs?).
May the Schwartz be with you too, Mel.

Time Fighters lends itself perfectly to a video game. And not one of those platformers or epic RPGs or anything like that...well maybe an epic RPG... But what I'm talking about is a Street Fighter II: The World Warrior-like game. That way we can slightly adjust things in new editions of the game, and then, in the fourth edition, introduce four characters that mostly suck.
This, but "Tesla vs Edison" or "John Lennon vs Kubla Kahn."

Seriously, nobody reads this, but if for some reason you are, and you are any way proficient in video game design, contact me. Let's make this game a reality. Even if it's a crappy Flash version. We owe it to ourselves. We owe it to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment